Thursday, November 10, 2011

Matt Eder - What's Goin' On

This video is a hold-over from my 'solo-MIDI' career.  Back in the late '80s I was inspired by a gentleman who, in the beginning played small restaurants and dates with his guitar, armed with a Roland TR-707 Rhythm Composer.  As I got to know him and played with him with my Octapad, we eventually got into using standard MIDI files to be the rest of the band.  By the time we had parted company, we were both carrying our own laptops and synthesizers, along with our own PA systems to gigs!  Between he and I, I swear there must've been at least $5,000 of ancient-man MIDI gear up on stage!  From time-to-time I still perform solo with my backup tracks, playing drums and singing for private parties.  I've always loved Motown music and although it's not the first music people expect me to be in to, I love attempting to do it justice.  I hope you dig this version of Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin' On"....

No comments:

Post a Comment