Thursday, November 10, 2011

Matt Eder - Three of a Perfect Pair

Here's one that shows off some difficulty.  My parents raised us right when they encouraged their kids to listen to any and all kinds of music.  So in addition to listening to Brubeck, Kenton, Rich, and Ellington, we also had alot of Beatles, Yes, ELP, and Queen (among others) in the house.  As I got a little older I loved King Crimson and "Three of a Perfect Pair" is a perennial favorite of mine.  So, eventually (after over 20 years of hearing and playing along with the song) I added it to my solo-act.  Of course, it doesn't get played much because people can't dance to it, and when I do do it, it'll be the only non-standard thing I think the audience can stand.  A private party with me is like a deal:  I'll play what you want, so long as I get to play at least one thing of mine.   This particular recording I made sound acoustic so I could potentially play this at a coffee house.

No comments:

Post a Comment